Privacy & Cookies
Frontier Events Ltd. (“we“, “us” or “our“) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We own and operate the Websites and deliver the events for which you are able to register to attend through the Websites (“Event”).
In this Privacy and Cookies Policy, references to “you” are to any person who submits data to us or the Websites about him/herself or about any living individual in relation to use of the Websites, Events or any other products and services that are available through the Websites (the “ Services”). When you use the Websites or aspects of them, including when booking Services, we may ask you to provide us with information about you.
This Privacy and Cookies Policy sets out how we might use that information.
This Privacy and Cookies Policy (together with any other of our terms and conditions, and any other documents referred to in them) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
We will only use your personal data in the manner set out in this Privacy and Cookies Policy. We will only use your personal data in a way that is fair to you. We will only collect personal data where it is necessary for us to do so and where it is relevant to our dealings with you. We will only keep your personal data for as long as it is relevant to the purpose for which it was collected or for as long as we are required to keep it by law.
For the purpose of all applicable laws and regulations relating to the processing of personal data and privacy in the UK, including, but not limited to, the General Data Protection Regulation (EU 2016/679) Data Protection Act 2018, the Privacy and Electronic Communications Directive 2002/58/EC (as updated by Directive 2009/136/EC) and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 (SI 2003 No. 2426) as amended (the “Act”), the data controller is Frontier Events Ltd., a company registered in England and Wales under company number 09643346 whose registered office is at Suite G1 Hartsbourne House, Delta Gain, Watford, WD19 5EF, England. Our registration number with the Information Commissioner’s Office is ZB149026.
- Information we may we gather
- Your title, name, address, email address, telephone numbers, business name, payment details and such other contact details as we require. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Websites or otherwise booking Services.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Websites. This includes information provided at the time of booking Services or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Websites.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may collect and process the following data about you: You should only submit to us or the Websites information which is accurate and not misleading. You should keep that information up-to-date and let us know if any of that information changes by emailing us at email@example.com. By submitting your or anyone else’s data to us or the Websites, you must ensure that you have full authority and consent to supply us with that data on their behalf and you warrant to us that you have that authority.
- IP addresses
- We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
- The Websites uses the following cookies:
- Cookies set by: Showoff
- Cookies set by: Gateway
- Cookies set by: Insights
Cookie Name Encrypted? Expires Description CFID N Never Maintaining client identity: A sequential client identifier CFToken N Never Maintaining client identity: A random- number client security token DefaultLocale N On Exit Stores the default locale of the website J SessionID N On Exit ColdFusion session-specific management cookie/identifier Cookie Name Encrypted? Expires Description engageToken N Indefinitely or when user manually logs out Stores the session UUID of a visit Cookie Name Encrypted? Expires Description _pk_id Y Indefinitely or when user manually clears them Contains a visitor id used to identify unique visitors _pk_ref Y Indefinitely or when user manually clears them To identify from where they came from _pk_ses Y 30 mins Used to identify a unique visit to the site
- Data Security
- All information you provide to us is stored on the ASP secure servers.
- ASP runs all the required off-site backups and gets reports if backups failed to run – which they don’t.
- All backups are securely encrypted and stored offsite.
- All data is instantly replicated in a secondary hosting centre.
- Data backups are extremely granular (so we can restore anything from one record to many databases).
- All client data is segmented (so no client can see another client’s data). Access to client data can be controlled via SHOWOFF on a case-by-case basis.
- Within SHOWOFF any access to client data is encrypted via SSL.
- SHOWOFF operates a strict password policy for all users of the CMS.
- We ensure that every server runs the smallest software footprint possible (i.e. we don’t install additional software unless it’s really needed and all non-essential services are disabled by default).
- ASP runs a Defence in Depth approach to information security. This is reflected in the layered approach to webserver, data security and network structure.
- All of our sites utilise a 3rd party WAF (web application firewall) as an additional layer of protection to help further mitigate risk.
- When someone connects to the servers (e.g. visiting a home page), chances are we know if they are ‘suspect’ and are alerted appropriately.
- ASP runs real time server monitors from 2 sources and are aware of any drops in service or speed immediately.
- ASP runs Adobe ColdFusion applications and develop to the OWASP standard. Their software installations are monitored by third party vulnerability scanners.
- Anti-Virus software is correctly installed and updated on all ASP machines.
- ASP are tested by external penetration test companies.
- Uses made of the information
- We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from the Websites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with billing information in relation to the Services.
- To manage the Websites, detect fraud or Websites abuses, send you information relevant to the Websites and in case we have any queries.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you about changes to the Services.
- To allow you to register for an account on the Websites, which may include sending an email to you to confirm your details.
- To provide you with information about products, services or events we offer that we feel may be of interest to you.
- To contact you to let you know about any of our products, services or promotions, including by email, mail, telephone, or SMS text message.
- We also need to use your contact details and other information for any aspect of the Websites (including, without limitation, providing customer support, preventing or investigating prohibited activity, enforcing our terms and conditions, and verifying information).
- We may transfer our databases containing your personal information if we sell our business or part of it to an actual or potential purchaser.
- Other than as set out in this Privacy and Cookies Policy, we shall NOT sell or disclose your personal data to third parties without obtaining your prior consent unless this is necessary for the purposes set out in this Privacy and Cookies Policy or unless we are required to do so by law.
- Our legal basis for collecting and using your information to reach out to you is in our legitimate interests and does not overwrite your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. Our legitimate interests, in this case, is to offer you content we believe is in line with the theme of your website and you would want to publish, this is why we need to process your data. For this purpose, we will hold your data for 12 months after engagement.
- If you do not want us to use your data in this way please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will update your privacy.
- We use information held about you in the following ways:
- How you want to hear from us?
- We always seek to explain why and how we might contact you at the point you give your information to us. We may contact you by email, phone, post, or SMS text.
- We also provide the means for you to grant or withhold your permission for us to contact you. We do this by using opt-in boxes or unsubscribe options. We use these to gain your permission to contact you about our wider range of products and services (under the range of Frontier Events Limited branded offers).
- Sometimes, we need your information to be able to contact you to provide the service, to honour the deliverables of a contract (e.g. Instructions). In those cases, by signing up to the service you give us permission to send you service communications and we will not offer you the chance to opt-out from receiving those messages.
- Other websites
- The Websites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of those websites, please note that those websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for those policies. Please check those policies before you submit any personal data to those websites.
- Access to information
- The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.
- You can update your details and marketing preferences by emailing email@example.com
- By submitting data to us and using the Websites, you consent to our use of your data and of anyone you represent in the manner set out in this Privacy and Cookies Policy (as amended from time to time, as described below) and you are responsible for ensuring that you have authority to consent on behalf of anyone about whom you submit data to us.
- By attending the Event, you consent to be photographed, filmed and/or otherwise recorded in a group setting at the Event. Where your badge/personal details are legible, we will contact you to seek your permission prior to publication.
- By allowing your badge to be scanned by an exhibitor or sponsor while attending the Event, you agree to provide that exhibitor or sponsor with your personal contact data, as per the terms and conditions you agreed to when you registered to attend the show. You consent to this personal data being transferred and accept that this exhibitor or sponsor may contact you about their products or services.
- Please note that you can revoke any consent you have given us under this policy at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and referencing this Privacy and Cookies Policy in the email subject line, using the body of the email to say what consent you are revoking.
- By attending the Event, you consent that the personal data you provided to us may be shared with, where applicable and present, sponsors or exhibitors who take part in plenary sessions, who may be in contact with you about their products and services outside of the event platform.
- Changes to our Privacy and Cookies Policy
- Any changes we may make to this Privacy and Cookies Policy in the future will be posted on the Websites and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Each time you enter the Websites, you agree that the Privacy and Cookies Policy current at that time shall apply to all information held by you.
- Questions, comments and requests regarding this Privacy and Cookies Policy are welcomed and should be addressed to email@example.com. This Privacy and Cookies Policy was most recently updated on 10th May 2022.